Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Christmas 2007
I'm finally posting, and I'm sure Brad will be pleased that his tonsils will no longer take center stage. We had "A Wonderful Christmas Time" this year. We spent a few days in Butte MT, where Lucy became proficient on the organ. Lucy LOVED chasing Sox around the kitchen table, and would probably do it for hours. We visited Brad's Grandma Bess a few times too. She is 101 years old and Lucy had fun playing with everything in her room—the curtain, snow globe, and probably her favorite, Grandma's walker. We had a great time in Butte, but on Christmas Eve morning, we began the journey (because it took longer than normal) back down to Sandy. We were driving on snowy roads the WHOLE day. We stopped for a short break in Idaho Falls to visit with Aunt Sheryn and Uncle Boyd. It was nice to see them. We made it home just in time for dinner. After dinner we acted out the Nativity with the kids + Chris, watched the Luke II video, and the kids opened their present from Grammy and Papa—Christmas jammies. It was a struggle to get a good picture, then, off to bed for the kids. I got to stay up and make cinnamon rolls (I'm even getting better at it). Hayden was kind enough to wake me the next morning and let me know that Santa had come. Merry Christmas!
During our vacation Lucy became afraid of the tub, so we had to revert back to giving them in the sink. Once back at home in her tub and with her new tug boat the fear is gone.
We played in the snow and tried to make a snowman, but the snow wasn't wet enough. Lucy didn't like the snow too much either. She had been sick, so maybe that was why. I did find that the snow on the concrete was wet and I made my own snowman about 6 inches tall. I even took some artistic photos.
New Years Eve. We started off the day having our family pictures taken by Jocelin Blohm (you can check out her website if you like: photographybyjocelin.com. It was CHILLY outside! but we had fun and I didn't hear any complaints. After that it was a mad rush to purchase the Nintendo Wii, which provided the entertainment for the evening. We had a clam bake for dinner, it was fun to see my dad eat right off the table—much to his dismay. Later my friend Kimmy and her husband Chris came up for a visit.
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...Happy New Year!
There were other fun activities over the break, including: sewing, shopping, being with family, gelato, Cafe Rio, Kneaders, visits with friends, movies, Brad's birthday (more about that later), snow, Wii, sore muscles, X Box, The Wonder Pets, motorcycles, sledding, fun with cousins... "A Wonderful Christmas Time."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment